Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year

So here it is now the 12th of January already. Time is just flying, the holidays have come and went and in many ways it has all been a blur.
I had high hopes for great holidays this year, and while Thanksgiving was pretty good. What ensued 2 days later has turned my world upside down.
I worked(past tense now) a PT job as a supervisor for a city ran liquor store. What happened that Saturday was sure not the way I planned for my evening to go. We were held up and our store was literally shot up at gunpoint. I don't care to elaborate beyond that, as I feel that says enough right there. My personal sense of security and safety has been shattered, and of course sleep has become rather challenging. In the midst of all this I decided that life is just too short, and realized how stressed and drained I was working 2 jobs, especially when I was no longer seeming to enjoy my crazy schedule anymore. So I made the decision to leave job #2, and focus on job #1, and on my Etsy Shops. This means now I have to work even harder to make them a success. I had a turning point year on Etsy last year and hope for a great year this year, and I credit that to my friends the lovely and charming and oh-so-fun Etsy TradeAHolics. I stumbled into this bunch one day in the Etsy forums last summer, and have not regretted it for a minute. I have found many new friends there from all over the world. They are an amazing, supportive, very creative, and often times hilarious bunch. So to all my Etsy Trader friends, Thank You, from the bottom of my heart for being my friend and letting me share in the comraderie that exists within our team.
Yesterday a few of us chatted about goals (you know who you are), my goal, at least to update this blog on a weekly if not daily basis!!!
Have a great day :o)
* Remember life is short, always tell your family and friends how much they mean to you, tomorrow is never promised*

2 comments:

  1. Fellow Tradeaholic here! - I'm sorry that happened to you but glad that you decided to get out:) I have also made it a goal to update my blog regularly and have found that having more followers makes me more likely to update. So now I'm following yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ClaireBaby, I will return the favor :o)

    ReplyDelete